Yellow Katana rebirth

Well, at last, I am once again a proud Suzuki owner.

Blown off the cobwebs and resident spiders, oiled the bores, checked the Garrett turbo looked at the wiring and thought where's my snippers !!!! 

look forward to the teardown as much as the rebuild, will end up with a turbo motor, mild Boost, a whiff of gas, a fully functioning charging system  and a wiring loom that consists of more than the 2 colours it has at the moment.  

Will be fully road going and useable.

The original big block engine and race box will also get a good inspection and rebuild and be waiting in the wings for when I get the urge for more ... and more and more !!!

kat11.jpg

• Like 12
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Duckndive said:

Been there done that...............9_9 

I recall it had a 5 speed in it when Garry had it.....and he must have had a job lot of red wire too ............

And was it..................interesting I mean? Can't fathom why single coloured wire would ever be used - unless you've a brain the size of a planet or Brad O'Connor to keep track of what goes where!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

And was it..................interesting I mean? Can't fathom why single coloured wire would ever be used - unless you've a brain the size of a planet or Brad O'Connor to keep track of what goes where!

I innocently  9_9 stuck a No Plate on the outlaw frame when I had the turbo motor in it did about 100 miles on the road and the Bulldog that year .....just stuck it in 2nd gear and slipped the clutch ....3rd was to tall TBH.......:D

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

hello  and apologies for late reply been a busy bod 

,yep still got the 3 speed in it at the mo and will be interesting on the road .. I like interesting .

all my bikes are road bikes and get used .

wiring is being traced and re coloured one at a time(no felt tips here ) with a wiring diagram drawn up as I go .

Other projects keep slowing me down ,another Suzuki has appeared in the workshop ;-)

• Like 4
  • 2 months later...

Yep due to health and leg still not back to normal after crash I decided to let her go to Sean ...in my eyes it's rightful place and couldn't be in a better place for a top notch revamp ..unfortunately means il be moving on some of my bike collection... keep an eye on the market place section ...new work shop being built so will still be building stuff .

• Like 3
On 21/03/2018 at 12:18 PM, Rotty said:

Yep due to health and leg still not back to normal  ..unfortunately means il be moving on some of my bike collection... keep an eye on the market place section ...new work shop being built so will still be building stuff .

Sorry to hear that Rotty, but good to hear that you're getting sorted with a new workshop etc.

Whatever happened to the Katana 250 (or was it a 400) that had the single cylinder motor in it?...

On 22/03/2018 at 3:03 PM, zedhead said:

Sorry to hear that Rotty, but good to hear that you're getting sorted with a new workshop etc.

Whatever happened to the Katana 250 (or was it a 400) that had the single cylinder motor in it?...

Was  a no hope ,get everything for free blogger ...will leave it there .

Was the slingshot with the RSV motor that I was gutted I didn't finish !