Teapot 6 oil light staying on?

Now then......just bought a cheapy teapot 6, previous owner had stripped it for a winter refurb (paint, chassis bearings/seals/tyres/chain ect ect....) and he also tidied up the motor, and in his infinite wisdom filled his sump with EP 80 gear oil........i bought it because the oil light wouldn't go out with ideas of doing a whitham '88 rep with better forks/wheels and brakes as well as a 750L motor i have languishing in the corner, but with an eye on Dirtquake in July first......so, after draining said treacle out (oil cooler off, filter off too!) would  you have thought i'd need to take the sump off, strainer and oil pressure valves to clean them out too? Just refilled it with fresh motul and a new filter and the bugger is staying on after spinning it over with the plugs out that's all! 

1 hour ago, boilerdude said:

So we can talk about them as long as we call them teapots?

Call them anything you like, just don't call them katanas! Major sacrilege and highly offensive on here to do so. So much so it's in the rules.

While the only actual unmentionable oil cooled bike that is completely off the discussion table is the bandit 6.

Not really, bandits 6 and 12 are good donors for worthy O.S.S. projects and will always be mentioned, (just not photographed as we know what they look like). The mods may give the nod to a bandit if it's undergone some serious work to make it not look like......a bandit.

Ok I guess I'm catching on. 

Hmmm maybe, why not try reading the rules again. :D

• Like 1
18 hours ago, boilerdude said:

ok ok. Indeed bandits are only worthy of mention if something interesting is actually done to them. Or if someone needs help with one sure why not... But not "look at my dominator dual round headlights I just mounted."

People have been banned for less xDxD

• Like 1