Suspension Mod - GS/X frame

I spotted this bike at Donington. What a beauty. Looking at the swing arm and the shock setup, I've got one the same in the workshop with an EFE lump hulked in there very loosely. Does anyone recognise the modification? Was it early Harris?

Here's the sexy version that's not buried in a dark corner of a shed ..

20170506_163655.jpg

both set-ups  (the bike pictured above and the one we have) are the same, so i was guessing they were an early 'kit' from someone like metmechex/davida/dresda/etc, i say early as it's steel as opposed to aluminium....

....but i'm just guessing....i should've taken time out to find the owner at Donny.

Saxon Engineering produced a mono conversion for Gss at one point, was just looking at the adjusters and i is sure that Davida had a through axle with external nut and not a spindle held by m8/10 cap head each side. Maybe wrong, but just throwing it in the mix:ph34r:

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Could you not 'overbrace' a conventional arm in a similar way??....It looks pretty simple :)

yup, but that's not what the post is about......

....big sigh...roll eyes....(y)

.......we have this set-up already, we was wondering who was the manufacturer was or indeed is.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just spotted this post @minx@vizmanthe one in the pic in your original post is different to the one in the pics you sent me. Yours looks the same as mine, the one above has square section where ours is round, the eccentric adjusters are a bit different and the spindle set up is a bit different.

The one above is for sale at the moment in a facebook group and the owner says its a Dresda swingarm conversion.

I've started a new job and they haven't got any work for me yet so I've been involved in some fairly extensive googling, reading old posts on here and buying stuff on Eblag.

Edited by Brad
typos
  • Like 1