Endurance Katana on YouTube

8 hours ago, Dezza said:

Nice bike. I want to know where they source the new RG500 brakes discs from.

SunStar in japan do a RG500 style disc in a bunch of fitments and diameters, but they're ~250 GBP a disc.

Manta Engineering down here also make RG500 replica discs, nfi on price.

7 hours ago, Gammaboy said:

SunStar in japan do a RG500 style disc in a bunch of fitments and diameters, but they're ~250 GBP a disc.

Manta Engineering down here also make RG500 replica discs, nfi on price.

Ok, that is interesting. When I buy my rg500 mk8 and it needs new discs I know where to source them.....xD

It's a shame it was crashed on the first lap. I was looking forward to seeing it in action. Such a lot of hard work and unobtainium went into building it. I guess that's racing though.

This one went less well, cost much less but remains in one piece so there is at least one consilation  for a complete lack of talent.

17_LEGENDS_NOVICE-503.jpg

• Like 2

My overriding memory of racing is about pushing limits - it perverse, but if you aren't pushing your limits you aren't racing, and with absolute certainty, it doesn't matter how experienced you are, eventually those limits push back and you find you are no longer racing, but on the sidelines wondering what the fuck just happened. Regardless of whether you work out the whys and wherefores of that last spill, you know you are committed to racing if your next action is to shrug, and begin to work on what you need to do to get your sorry arse out in the next race!

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Solcambs said:

My overriding memory of racing is about pushing limits - it perverse, but if you aren't pushing your limits you aren't racing, and with absolute certainty, it doesn't matter how experienced you are, eventually those limits push back and you find you are no longer racing, but on the sidelines wondering what the fuck just happened. Regardless of whether you work out the whys and wherefores of that last spill, you know you are committed to racing if your next action is to shrug, and begin to work on what you need to do to get your sorry arse out in the next race!

Boy do I remember that scenario, more than once I've found myself sliding up the track on my butt then playing hopscotch trying to avoid getting mown down by the pack. My race bike was so good in the rain you really only had to be smooth and operate the controls while others fell off but still I'd make the old "ambition/ability mistake".

One racer even confessed to crashing because he was laughing at me already cursing as I shot up the road minus bike. xD   

24 minutes ago, bluedog59 said:

Boy do I remember that scenario, more than once I've found myself sliding up the track on my butt then playing hopscotch trying to avoid getting mown down by the pack. My race bike was so good in the rain you really only had to be smooth and operate the controls while others fell off but still I'd make the old "ambition/ability mistake".

One racer even confessed to crashing because he was laughing at me already cursing as I shot up the road minus bike. xD   

While supermoto racing, with several of us going for the same bit of dirt/tarmac, I remember some rider suddenly shouting "Oh .. shit! Shit ... shit" - right put me off and he came through underneath me. Chatting later in the paddock, I found out  it was a ruse he often used, normally successfully. We became great friends in the paddock after that, and his ruse didn't work on me again. I did however manage to get my own back in one race, where I managed to reverse the situation with a "Dave - kindly make space old chap!" at the top of my voice. Oddly, a space opened and I arrived alongside, and by his own admission, he was laughing so hard he couldn't focus on getting back on the gas :) 

• Like 1