Slabbies and why we need them....

Out for a quick spin and got caught in the only rain within 50 miles....typical no wet weather gear either.

Got home and the sun came back out almost laughing at me.....:(

Spent another hour cleaning the crap off and found the wheel sealant I used is ace just wiped the wheels with a cloth and they were clean again,quick polish and photo then back into the shed,off to the pub now for a pint or two might even take the wife:) 

IMG_0086.JPG

• Like 3

Ooo can I also play? Undoubtedly the bike that I had the most fun on, and contributed the most to my riding skill was that first 750 F (old number 2). At that time, and before I started closed circuit racing, we used to race in the mountain passes in the north eastern part of South Africa, close to the Kruger National Park. At the time my main weapon was a Harris F1 with a Moriwaki motor. It was an animal that demanded a lot of input and concentration. When I got the 750 it all fell in place. Later I upgraded to the 1100 J, but essentially it was a step backwards. Riding aggressively, it literally lunched its back tire in less than 200 km, thus I had to carefully choose who to take on and how aggressive to do it.

5954a51d35194_Suzukigsxr750FWeb1.jpg.31e1621d36b0d426e04af4e46b6e8d72.jpg

5954a5e5e202d_Suzukigsxr1100JWeb1.jpg.6041d4deb8764af0cab99311ef6a112c.jpg

A few years back I got a 750 F again, and restored it. More so in remembrance of old number 2. Alas she does not see much action, and when she does she must think she is on her way to the church O.o. Let's just say she does not need to work so hard for her lunch as poor old number 2 needed to do.

5954a767ad772_Suzukigsxr750FWeb2.jpg.f7e7ef09257ad1566887f5b84016526e.jpg

• Like 2
On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, Simbec1863 said:

Out for a quick spin and got caught in the only rain within 50 miles....typical no wet weather gear either.

Got home and the sun came back out almost laughing at me.....:(

Spent another hour cleaning the crap off and found the wheel sealant I used is ace just wiped the wheels with a cloth and they were clean again,quick polish and photo then back into the shed,off to the pub now for a pint or two might even take the wife:) 

IMG_0086.JPG

Looks great........................................................................... but needs black wheels ;)

1 hour ago, yyt said:

Great looking  Bike. Hope in a year i will finish mine.

I guess the white rimes suit your bike more than black.

Who do i have to sleep with to get the OSS sticker like you have on your windshield?

You need a minimum 50 posts then you can ask @minx nicely and you should be able to buy one if they are still available 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After a bit of fettling with the carbs,she’s running the best she has for the last couple of years,starts first time and picks up cleanly,the real test will be when the weather warms up a bit more as last year the hot weather messed the running up,for that 1 day of summer we had.

Cleaned her and photo before locking the shed

BCBC2DF0-06E1-4A5E-BC10-47FB1ACD78F3.jpeg

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...