Will '91 exhaust fit '98 GSX750F

Hi, I'm new to the forum, hope someone can help with an exhaust question... I've got a '91 GSX750F 'project bike' and a road legal '98 GSX750F, I got a second hand Viper exhaust for the '91 bike but the project bike isn't going anywhere for now, and the exhaust on the '98 needs repairing or replacing - and seeing as I got the viper downpipes and can I thought I could use them - if they fit on the '98 bike.

Does anyone know if it will fit ?

Thanks, Joe. 

WP_20160423_001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got one of these to do next week 98-gsxf rotten exhaust , I've got nexus pipe, from slabside which im sure with a little swapping of said sumps will be fine.  It's just those horrid rotten head boots, plus gas and gas torch. Will see I guess , all good FUN ....

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Well , I've just fitted Motad Stainless (Slabside 750 f.g.h) To a 98 tea pot 750. It fits ok misses sump and clears well. Lost centre stand but hey? Who cares , had to drill four broken bolts out and retap m8 .1.25 .

i hope it runs ok will find out tomorrow as fitted new float needle valves and serviced the ole nail! Just wanted to let folk know its a possibility to do this swap.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

It's been a long time since I asked the question at the top, but the Viper system fits no problem (not on the bike I had when I first asked - but same model), doesn't even foul the belly pan.  No change in carb set up and I haven't noticed any flat spots at anything. 

I got 6 of the 8 exhaust bolts out with an Irwin bolt grip socket, but one snapped off leaving some thread exposed, and one snapped off flush with the head (thanks for that) it was the offside outer one that had the radiator bottom support little frame rail in the way.  One of the downpipes was stuck super solid in the head too, so I dropped the engine out and with the help of a mate got the exposed thread out with a smaller Irwin bolt grip socket and drilled the flush one out.  The downpipe was removed with some good old brute force.  Checked the valve clearances whilst the engine was out, and all is ok now...

Thanks for your advice. Joe.

Edited by Young man Joe
wanted to add more info