Got myself an ET......nearly

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing to exciting to report got this off eblag so thought it would look ok on the mudguard so borrowed the missus hair dryer to warm it upO.o prior to fitting while she was out

Off to Donny tomorrow weather permitting  :)

IMG_0085.JPG

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Went for a spin Sunday missus took a pic pre ride so thought I'd post it here,got back after a 40 mile ride took another pic and noticed the wonderful puff of oil smoke on tick over from the engine breather....should I be worried  O.o,or is it normal when the breathers not routed back into the air box?

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 8
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad to help Simon , just a quick fiddle today as time was a bit short , I am sure it can still be improved but just the feel on my drive was a LOT better than when you arrived, the setup was awful , I am not surprised it was trying to put into a low level orbit . She does sound well with that drag pipe but I know for sure that would have me in a ditch . (y)

• Like 1

These cheap shit indicators have self destructed again this time the front,time to bite the bullet and get some better non Chinese ones....any suggestions as to a decent set/make that anyone on here can recommend?

Must have dropped off after some chump on a Trumpet street fighter decided to traffic light Grand Prix me yesterday they were well pissed off when the old girl stomped them up to 3 figures..she's still got some go even at 36 years young:)...this was all done away from the queens highway your honour:ph34r:

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Found some copy GSXR indicators in the shed that I must have bought for another project more than 5 years ago while i was having a tidy up..bonus will fit them to replace the self destructing ones that are on at the moment, job for Saturday me thinks, will stick some pics on to prove its done:ph34r:

• Like 1

Hey Man! 

Absolutely gorgeous bike - I'm set to inherit a v reg 1980 GSX 1100 ET myself from my Dad this year. He's kept it in a really nice condition, and is still pretty much road worthy. He recently got himself a custom bandit so I managed to convince him to let me have his other baby! 

Just wondering if you had any tips or recommendations for the bike? I'm going into this somewhat blind other than what I've read and seen online (And from the old man itself of course!)

P.S - The purple is pretty awesome. Loving it! 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Bazeque said:

Hey Man! 

Absolutely gorgeous bike - I'm set to inherit a v reg 1980 GSX 1100 ET myself from my Dad this year. He's kept it in a really nice condition, and is still pretty much road worthy. He recently got himself a custom bandit so I managed to convince him to let me have his other baby! 

Just wondering if you had any tips or recommendations for the bike? I'm going into this somewhat blind other than what I've read and seen online (And from the old man itself of course!)

P.S - The purple is pretty awesome. Loving it! 

Thanks for the compliments,you are lucky to inherit an ET as they are getting hard to find these days.

Firstly start a build thread and get some pics up we like pictures 

As far as what to do with the bike when you get it I think that's down to what you like not what other people want,there are a few of us on here with them and everyone has there own take of what good looks like

You could restore to standard but this is OSS and it's all about modifications,original with period mods,customised,big bore kit tune etc or remove the lump and stick in a GSXR unit then turbo it.Have a search on the forum and you'll soon get some inspiration for the project.

For me its save up the cash to turbo or supercharge mine in the not to distant future there are examples of both on here

Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing that thread appear soon (y)

Edited by Simbec1863

Quick blast before nights to test the indicators work and don't fall to bits like the last ones did, all good apart from a near miss with a lunatic in a black beemer who missed the sliproad and decided it was a good idea to stop dead then reverse backwards until he was able to exit......:stop: it all happened so fast I couldn't believe what I'd seen, too fast to get his number sadly but survived to tell the tale:banana:

• 1 month later...

Getting the old girl ready for Donington tomorrow thought I'd give her a quick clean and check tyre pressures then went to fire her up and nothing,fffing dead battery,whipped the battery off and just about to stick on charge when I noticed that all levels were below minimum  O.o

just need to top up and bang on charge then investigate if a new battery is needed

A quick polish anyway hoping that she starts in the morning  :)

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG