New bandit???????

Maybe not a lot front to back but from inlet up to top seems shorter and less bulky- see pic's. Conical K&N's may avoid the sloping frame rails. I know K&N's may not be flavour of the month but I like them and even the small cone ones will flow plenty enough air for your Bandit motor. The foamies always seem to get used and squashed into too small / problem spaces as a solution and they just look bad - as you state.

58fcd0cfe36e1__1.JPG.4492fdae75af6e157d0c32c3b8555c80.JPG58fcd0d0d6e4e__2.thumb.jpg.cfd23cd26f634db43ae6705207e69fd6.jpg58fcd0cf6251f__3.jpg.9b4ae3823d82aa842ad3438f570c0b48.jpg

Edited by Gixer1460
16 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Maybe not a lot front to back but from inlet up to top seems shorter and less bulky- see pic's. Conical K&N's may avoid the sloping frame rails. I know K&N's may not be flavour of the month but I like them and even the small cone ones will flow plenty enough air for your Bandit motor. The foamies always seem to get used and squashed into too small / problem spaces as a solution and they just look bad - as you state.

58fcd0cfe36e1__1.JPG.4492fdae75af6e157d0c32c3b8555c80.JPG58fcd0d0d6e4e__2.thumb.jpg.cfd23cd26f634db43ae6705207e69fd6.jpg58fcd0cf6251f__3.jpg.9b4ae3823d82aa842ad3438f570c0b48.jpg

I had already ordered one of the cone filters to try, I had them on my 1216 bandit for a while, but was told by the dyno bloke that they were a bit restrictive and the foam ones were better, But on the standard engine they should be ok???

I need to find/borrow/rent a set of the flatslides to try to see how much room there isB|

Well .....as regarding restrictive or not - my turbo had a single 60mm dia. cone filter on the turbo inlet - considerably smaller than those dustbins used on race bikes - and it made 370hp without drama so I know which one I like. If you were closer you could borrow the RS40's off my bike - don't wanna get into the aggro of boxing / posting / claiming on the insurance etc. etc.!

• Like 1

I use an ITG car filter on my KTM - works,  if you go to "view base plates" on their web sight http://itgairfilters.com/category/megaflow/ you'll get the range of sizes - the sausage filter range will be better suited - good thing is you've got to make yir own base plate to mount to the carb so in your case you could then set the filter low relative to the carb inlet to better fit the frame 

how about x 4 of these - I have used them and they worked great - can't get much smaller for the given through bore

amal_image-2581_original.jpg

19 hours ago, nlovien said:

I use an ITG car filter on my KTM - works,  if you go to "view base plates" on their web sight http://itgairfilters.com/category/megaflow/ you'll get the range of sizes - the sausage filter range will be better suited - good thing is you've got to make yir own base plate to mount to the carb so in your case you could then set the filter low relative to the carb inlet to better fit the frame 

how about x 4 of these - I have used them and they worked great - can't get much smaller for the given through bore

amal_image-2581_original.jpg

I have looked at the car air filter and thye would work well, once I decide on which carbs, its the budget that's the problem!!!!!!!!O.o

they are mega £ but more the idea, you've got the filter material ref: your existing foamies  - going along the lines of markfoggy suggestion - add in another good post on this forum from a guy who has seen good dyno results ( better than K&N) with a really neat and cheap solution using hose expanders as velocity stacks, or you could use the std rubbers from an airbox - all yir needing is some glue - maybe a backing plate made from thin sheet or plastic to create the seal between the stacks and the foam you have

basically adapt what you have to "sock" over some kind of stack

http://www.Eblag.co.uk/itm/151315674845?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=450517287519&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

s-l500.jpg

mind, the alternative option of fitting a 750 may not provide the clearance it suggests - i'm not familiar with the detail but you could loose the height advantage via a different inlet port configuration - raised inlet roof / steeper downdraft angle  - I believe this is already an issue when fitting the 750 dot heads to 1100's in some std frames