b12/slingshot sprocket question

carl t

Hi everybody! I'm new to the site and need some advice from you good people. I recently picked up a B12 ,mildly fightered  with a machex swinger. it always felt lacking in bottom end but didnt worry too much as id only previously had a firestorm. Anyhow,  after some carb issues i decided to check valve clearances and discovered i have gsxr1100m motor fitted!!! nice. Bike is currently running stock bandit sprockets and im planning on fitting a 47 tooth rear sprocket to bring the torque down the rev range a little and I was wondering if i can still use the stock 110 link chain? I guess I can also disregard the redline on the rev counter too. thanks in advance or your replies. cheers!!

Thanks for the swift responses guys! I think ill try the 14/48 set up.  I used to play around with gearing set ups on classic lambrettas before I moved onto bikes  which is why I was being tentative  but after these replies I think I need to stop being so soft and get on with it. Im planning on replacing the bandit engine anyway and using the motor for a project when i can pick up a gs frame, using my vtr1000 front end once Ive finished breaking it and made some room in the shed! Once again thanks for the help and Ill let you all know if I cant wipe the grin off my face once I've done it!!!

Its running 36mm carbs and bandit jetting. Ive had bother with them over winter, changed plugs, filter, cleaned them, couldnt set them back up, got ripped off by local garage for a strip and balance, came back worse! got them pretty good at the moment, not perfect but pretty good. Im more bothered about the exhaust at the moment. I think its a micron collector with a piece of shite cut down art can, with the mot up next month i think that'll be my first port of call then id like to start looking at the carbs/airbox. anybody any thoughts on fitting standard say what now!? duel exhaust set up? I was surprised at how well it runs after reading what jetting some of you guys are using so theres clearly much more to be had. And ive always liked the idea of a real sleeper! was planning on keeping this as a daily driver and picking up a project but I may just pour my efforts into this one for now.