Stripping down 1100K forks help

Havoc

Evening folks. It's been a while since I pulled some forks down to replace the seals. Going to replace the springs for some heavier duty items but I want to remove and clean all the gubbins at the bottom as well. Do I need to make a long thingummyjig to hold the valve stuff in order to loosen the allen bolt like I do with Yam forks to release the mechanism? I don't have a manual for these forks. Ta :) 

No, these forks are primitive in design. Loosten the top nuts a bit when they are still in the yokes then remove. Loosten the allen bolts that hold the damper rods before removing the springs. If you have an electirc impact gun or air gun it makes it very simple. Each fork should then come apart. The seal/bush should come out if you use the stanction as a slide hammer. You can clean these out without splitting the forks so unless the seals are gone ignore the bit about removing the allen bolts at the bottom of each fork leg.

• Like 1