A little more done....all controls cleaned up and on bike. Soda blasted the tail and some other parts, and bolted the tail on. Brakes are done, and I thought before I tear engine apart, I might set it up in the frame just to see how it all fits for the first time.

IMG_7551.JPG

IMG_7560.JPG

IMG_7572.JPG

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still waiting on parts, that I had no idea I needed until I started cleaning up all the smaller parts of the bike and engine.

Basically on hold till I get them, it's been pretty quiet in the garage this week.... PS, I do have tires for it now, just waiting for a chance to get to a tire machine to mount.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much happening still

Parts I'm waiting on should be here this next week, and hoping to get it off the table not long after.

image.jpg

Threw the bodywork on as I have not seen it together for a while....no where close to road ready yet...

image.jpg.320e3ed6de82d4127cfaeee484d7c5c1.jpg

Edited by busa1300
  • Like 2

Parts showed up this week so it was time for a bit of progress...these 2strokes are way more complex than earlier version...A lot of wires and hose to connect and route.

Hope to get carbs and air box all bolted back up and mounted by Sunday...maybe hear it run for the very first time.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Carbs on and all cables, hoses, and wires hooked up where the manual (in Japanese writing) shown....fired up after a short bit of cranking getting gas through to it....

After it fired up....set the idle speed after a few minutes, went up and down the RPMs after temp picked up, then shut her down. It was a point in time I never thought I would get too, and if I still drank I would be hitting it hard for the occasion....but I decided to only throw $$$ on bikes now. So I got it off the table and cleaned up the garage, just as if I were cleaning the slate to start another project.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

Sunday morning.....

It was time to put it on the road for the first time ever on these shores. I put the tank and seat on, left everything else off incase I had to dig back into it with issues....

....and the little bitch wanted to run hard up the rev range, had a tough time keeping it under 7000/8000 for initial break in.

Success...nothing leaking or on the ground behind me... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

A few minor issues I need to straighten out, but the bike is basically done now....except I'm still waiting on another Zeel ignition box to replace the bad one I received. Using the factory 42E0 restricted box at the moment...

When the new ignition shows, I'll get it all dialed in and report a bit more on what life is like with a VJ23 :P

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Simbec1863 said:

Looks like an L model with a few special bits you've even got a solo seat now I'm a bit jealous will keep my eyes on progress and hopefully get my project back on track this was how mine looked a few years ago before I began dismantling it,the picture makes it look ok but it was knackered 

Edited by Simbec1863
  • 4 weeks later...