FCUK

jb

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2017 at 8:30 AM, pigford said:

Any updates Jon?

she's getting there mate......not sure if she'll be ready for the Dragon but getting closer now.....:)

the old oil cooler was leaking so i got a shiny new one from China and have cobbled up a mounting bracket, just waiting on a hose separator to arrive to finish the job.

have been tiding up the electrics and without too much drama will re-locate most of the gubbins under the tail.....

AJQ7Lfh.jpg?1

bHpGOId.jpg?1

have also stripped all the paint off the tank, was thinking of just leaving it brushed alloy but it has been lead filled in a number of places so i'm back to re-spraying it again....

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

quick update time.......

the tank is now finally fully stripped, it took ages which in hindsight would have been quicker to have chemically done......but wheres the fun in that lol

have been chipping away at the electrics which i am now nearing completion, just need to decide what sort of ignition switch to fit and where to put it, hopefully i can get away without fitting indicators but will have to see as its on a Q plate.

feel like it has turned a big corner today after getting some new, smaller front brake discs......now the front nissins all line up properly on the adapter brackets that a good friend gave me, have also sorted the rear brake with a re-built slingshot rear caliper and mildly adapted slabside torque arm......jobs a good un!

abscADD.jpg?1

• Like 13
  • 2 months later...

she's now up and running, will road test on the way to mot later this week.......with abit of luck.....

will be fitting a bikini fairing at some point but no time to do a nice paint job yet....

booked in for the track day at Donington in a couple of weeks, am sure it will out perform my skills!

luTjppd.jpg?1

frttInl.jpg?2

Edited by jb
  • Like 14

This is a nice bike and a pretty unusual chassis. Do you still have the Spondon discs that were on it previously but now are not? Someone on here was looking for some a little while back as they were asking me if I knew of the whereabouts of any.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Dezza said:

This is a nice bike and a pretty unusual chassis. Do you still have the Spondon discs that were on it previously but now are not? Someone on here was looking for some a little while back as they were asking me if I knew of the whereabouts of any.

Cheers dezza....yes I still have the Spondon discs although they are zxr fitment, same as some marvic wheels I have too (very slightly different bolt pcd to slingshot but same overall diameter) 

4 hours ago, jb said:

Cheers dezza....yes I still have the Spondon discs although they are zxr fitment, same as some marvic wheels I have too (very slightly different bolt pcd to slingshot but same overall diameter) 

It was me that @Dezzawas talking about. Been looking for a while as my front wheel on my spondon is on a standard slingshot wheel and discs. The oly standard bits on the bike ! Have been looking for discs and a marvic 3 spoke for a while. Let me know if you decide to sell. Cheers to @Dezzafor the heads up :)

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...
On 5/1/2018 at 2:59 PM, jb said:

she's now up and running, will road test on the way to mot later this week.......with abit of luck.....

will be fitting a bikini fairing at some point but no time to do a nice paint job yet....

booked in for the track day at Donington in a couple of weeks, am sure it will out perform my skills!

luTjppd.jpg?1

frttInl.jpg?2

Kool looking bike mate good work 

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cheers :)   it still needs more 'proving' and is me only bike on the road at present.

will be mostly looking into suspension upgrades this year......after that it might be time to shove in the old gs1000 motor.....:mr711:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 8:20 AM, jb said:

cheers :)   it still needs more 'proving' and is me only bike on the road at present.

will be mostly looking into suspension upgrades this year......after that it might be time to shove in the old gs1000 motor.....:mr711:

Don’t waist your time and money on others just ring Richard at Maxton he will sort it out forks and shock at sensible money for up to date cartridges and shocks for your old skool bikes mate you can even take your bike to him to set up if you wanted

• Like 1