Not sure....................

• 3 weeks later...

today I have been mostly fitting the Kettle air box - the tw*t put up a hell of a fight - had to remove the original Katana air box mounting bracket on the frame, the Kettle air box side cover mounting lugs and the inlet trunking on the rear of the air box to get it somewhere near. Then I had to beat some subtle dents into the air box upper rear to allow it it to clear the top frame tubes. Funny how an air box for a 3 cylinder 2-stroke is as wide as that for a 4 cylinder 4-stroke, but it's in at last.............

15hzsjs.jpg

although the air box mountings are far from central in the Katana frame..........

2nlh56c.jpg

tine for some more welding..........

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

to preserve as many iconic Katana styling features as possible, whilst significantly updating the bike, I have had a replacement front mudguard fabricated. Shown alongside a 17" original from a GSX250S, it is wider to allow it to fit over a modern, wider 17" tyre...............

2zhqnis.jpg

i71zjo.jpg

• Like 4
  • 5 weeks later...

It's a Strader system, made in the USA, and modified in the UK so that the tail pipe follows the line of the seat rail - hence the extensions to the header pipes.  Also added some spring hanger attachments on the collector box and 3 pipes.

Piper used to produce a similar system here in the UK.

• 2 years later...