b12 lock up clutch

I still have stock b12 diaphragm sprung clutch - will be going for a lock up clutch soon.  I think most convert to gsxr1100 clutch and lock up.  But I have seen mtc do lock up to fit the diaphragm type.  Its about £100 more expensive.  Obviously I'd rather save myself the effort of sourcing a gsxr1100 clutch but not if its going to be crap.  I also quite like the hydraulic clutch over cable but again its no big deal either way for me.  I'm aiming for round 200bhp.  Also are there any other manufacturers to look at than mtc?  Thanks

9 hours ago, luke2152 said:

I still have stock b12 diaphragm sprung clutch - will be going for a lock up clutch soon.  I think most convert to gsxr1100 clutch and lock up.  But I have seen mtc do lock up to fit the diaphragm type.  Its about £100 more expensive.  Obviously I'd rather save myself the effort of sourcing a gsxr1100 clutch but not if its going to be crap.  I also quite like the hydraulic clutch over cable but again its no big deal either way for me.  I'm aiming for round 200bhp.  Also are there any other manufacturers to look at than mtc?  Thanks

The B12 or GSXR  Diaphram lock up cost's more as you have to have the adaptor hub / nut to mount it....personally I prefer the coil spring set up....  

Edited by Duckndive
4 minutes ago, wombat258 said:

Yes, but with the coil spring setup you need to buy a hub and springs.

six and two threes ...............as I said personally I prefer a coil spring clutch.......

either way when you take the adaptor cost into account cost is about the same...............

• 1 month later...

Sorry if I have posted this more than once having issues with my phone

I have just posted a question about clutches as I'm doing the same but struggling with parts. If I didn't already have a GSXR lock up I would have got a diaphragm lock up to save all this hassle.

I bought a "kit" off Eblag but it's the wrong clutch basket it's a 73 tooth crank gearing not a 72 tooth im trying to find out if all the central parts are the same... starting to loose the will to live!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have read and re read the article about the conversation but I'm having issues with sorting the biting point. No matter what I try I can only get the clutch to a point where when I am in gear with the clutch pulled in, the bike is trying to creep foward.

Now my understanding is that where the guide says to drop a bearing in, in my case the bearing isn't large enough. I have tried increasing the size, but regardless of what I do it continues to behave the same way. Can anyone shed any light on this

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:11 PM, El_Retardo said:

I have read and re read the article about the conversation but I'm having issues with sorting the biting point. No matter what I try I can only get the clutch to a point where when I am in gear with the clutch pulled in, the bike is trying to creep foward.

Now my understanding is that where the guide says to drop a bearing in, in my case the bearing isn't large enough. I have tried increasing the size, but regardless of what I do it continues to behave the same way. Can anyone shed any light on this

your clutch is dragging . Make sure the lock up plate is spaced far enough away from the pressure plate to allow full lift . Take the clutch cover off and pull the clutch lever in should be a small gap between the pressure plate and the lock up plate with the arms on . I had to shim mine out slightly to stop it dragging .

• 2 weeks later...