Swirl's Harris

Swirl

16 minutes ago, clivegto said:

Ignition switch had been hack sawed of the top yoke. I previously drilled the bolts out. Got a 8 x 1.25mm helicoil kit today, trimmed the tops of the mounting points of & fitted the inserts.

20170711_192205_001.jpg

Depending on how your lockstops are arranged, you may not have enough space to use a Suzuki ignition switch on a GSXR1000 type top yoke on a Magnum 2 frame. These switches are really deep due to the steering lock incorporated into the switch. I tried one and it fouled the top lug that's wellded onto the frame to take a fairing mount/lockstop.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Dragged my little mig welder out from under the bench, don't use it a lot nowadays. Drilled some holes at the back of the frame to weld dowl the back mounts. Tacked the front ones in place with the bracket fitted, removed bracket & finished welding it up. Then cleaned my ugly welds up.

20170722_165059.jpg

20170722_200601.jpg

20170722_202240.jpg

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Dezza said:

I didn't know R1 yokes had the same offset and spacing as GSXR 750/1000 yokes - every day's a school day:)

Only needed the r1 yoke to cut up as it is 50mm & so is the gsxr 1000k9 top yoke that the butcherd  r1 bits will be welded to. R1 only cost £12 delivered & pinch bolt holes look similar to the k9.

• Like 1

@davecara thanks, dropped this JMC swinging arm of for me today, which is what I wanted for the Harris in the first place. Believe it was fitted to a early middle weight onda. Easy enough fitted to the frame with some b12 arm top hat spacers just needs centring. But the 1000k9 wheel is loads to big. ( head scratching time.)

20170728_200132.jpg

Edited by clivegto
  • Like 4

when fitting the dudettes slabby with a bottom braced metmachex/6 inch oz rear we cut off the eccentric adjusters, and i drew up some alloy slots with a step in one side, yan(BFT) made them up for us. it allowed the use of the chunky 21st century rear hoop sit in the narrow late 80's swinger.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, vizman said:

when fitting the dudettes slabby with a bottom braced metmachex/6 inch oz rear we cut off the eccentric adjusters, and i drew up some alloy slots with a step in one side, yan(BFT) made them up for us. it allowed the use of the chunky 21st century rear hoop sit in the narrow late 80's swinger.

Think I will have to widen it as well as I want to get the back wheel as far forward as to get close to the original Harris swinging arm length.

20170729_153144.jpg