Swirl's Harris

Swirl

On 22/02/2018 at 10:48 PM, Dezza said:

The stem, with the long threaded part and threaded bit for the top bearing, looks like a great idea to copy for other yokes because it can obviously be adjusted to enable the yokes to fit a variety of different headstock lengths:)

i'm liking the whole set up-  the adjustable offset and the way its pinned both top and bottom  - thanks for posting the detail :tu

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

for me - pic looks like the the engine is sitting high at the back - I generally aim for the sprocket c/l +/- 5 to 10mm below the line between rear sindle and swing arm pivot - when the arm is raked maybe 10 to 15 deg

reason ? - copying  - seems to be the ballpark and hence can only presume works ref: squat - also - imagine the suspension bottomed out - will the lower chain run clear the swing arm ?

7 hours ago, nlovien said:

for me - pic looks like the the engine is sitting high at the back - I generally aim for the sprocket c/l +/- 5 to 10mm below the line between rear sindle and swing arm pivot - when the arm is raked maybe 10 to 15 deg

reason ? - copying  - seems to be the ballpark and hence can only presume works ref: squat - also - imagine the suspension bottomed out - will the lower chain run clear the swing arm ?

Yea think your right, spent quite a few hours mesing about with engine & turbo kit position. Looking like most the turbo stuff is junk.