Swirl's Harris

Swirl

Range Harris today even they could not remember which pads they used, but said brembo then ap racing is what they used. After a bit of researching they do appar to be FA04 so have ordered some cheap ones to see if in fact they do fit. Also got some stickers from harris :)

Edited by clivegto
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, clivegto said:

Range Harris today even they could not remember which pads they used, but said brembo then ap racing is what they used. After a bit of researching they do appar to be FA04 so have ordered some cheap ones to see if in fact they do fit. Also got some stickers from harris :)

Ok, that makes things clear thenO.o At least Harris will send you free stickers if you ask for them, and that includes the small ones that go on the frame:)

I just had to look up what the hell a Lavatory lz125 is. It looks a bit like the Beta 125 s, the fastest 125 available when these things were in my dreams between 1979 and 1981.

ps If you are desperate, I probably have a couple of frame stickers at home you can have but I do not get back until mid-December.

Edited by Dezza

Fitted the b12 engine that I am going to use to make  sure the engine mounds are right as there is not a lot of room at the front.  Plenum I have is not going to work in its present form. Also got the stickers from harris today, they said it was just what they had in the draw cost £5 For the postage.

20171115_190213.jpg

20171115_191025.jpg

Edited by clivegto
  • Like 1

Got the fairing bracket back from the welders, ( Will of Weab Motorcycles) it still needs some holes drilling it to fasten it to the faring. This makes the faring fully adjustable for height & angle of the dangle. Idea was that it could be lowered for drag racing or lifted high for touring if wanted. I like the look of it low & tilted back.

20171117_154912.jpg

20171117_160910.jpg

20171117_171150.jpg

20171117_165534.jpg

20171117_165605.jpg

20171117_171748.jpg

5 hours ago, Dezza said:

Looks a great improvement. What I don't understand is the 'actions' of whoever had the rear brake set up previously. Why would anyone buy a Harris master cylinder and caliper for a small fortune and then neglect them so much?

When I bought it, someone had started to restore it all fresh powder coat etc paiintend the wheels then fell on hard times, hit the bottle and neglected the bike left it outside under a none breathable cover for the forseeable,  when I bought it from a bike shop in Blackburn I stripped it right down, stripped the powdeco at from the frame with powerstrip and had it lightly blasted by a mate, then refinished by Eastwoods Refinishing in Chester, then having smashed myself up 2 1/2 years ago, something had to give, 5 kids and a wife to support and multiple operations and in and out of work , so Clive bought it from me and is making a spectacular job, it definitely went to the right home

• Like 2
11 hours ago, yantosh said:

will the weight of the fairing on the yokes affect the handling at all? I done the same on my last bike, it tended to wiggle a bit once near 3 figures on full throttle

I don' know Yan but the r1 nose cone fixed to the yokes on my turbo b12 is alright so will have to wait & see with this one.

FB_IMG_1511426176414.jpg

Edited by clivegto
  • Like 2