Brake hose

As above,make your own.Easy to do and all parts are available online(Torques,Eblag,etc,etc) :)

Or even better,is look on Eblag for a bargain.Picked up a bnib(never fitted)set of 3 black HEL  hoses and banjo bots for £17 buy now,even had the sticker.They were originally made for a Hardley 883,but were the exact length we needed for the slabby clutch and front brakes.Some people think parts are make specific and won't fit anything else. Good example of this is end cans.There are loads that are listed as r6/1,blade,blandit etc and not alot of people buy them because they think it is brand specific :)

With modification,anything will fit anything :)

Edited by Del
  • Like 2

Well I had a look last night and you can buy hoses and banjos for a fraction of the price of "bespoke" ones. Though  if can someone post a how to, as gixer1460 describes, I'd be obliged. Couldn't find anything on the net but I do have a vise and a dremel (clone). If nothing else this thread has saved me some cash (looking at the pile of crocks in my garage)

Loads!......... Try this one - https://www.oldbritts.com/brake_line.html

They have a nice alloy hose clamp, i've managed using the vee in a workmate for years, or without using a Dremel. The one thing that MUST BE DONE is ensure the olive is seated right down on to the inner pipe. I usually tap it on with small hammer then holding the hose, olive end down, smack the olive face against the bench to drive it on - you'll see the inner clearly when its fully home. And that's it!

PS - don't forget to put the 'nut' on the pipe, over the masking wrap, before cutting / flaring - you won't do it after - Trust me!

Thanks Guys, All braided hoses manufactured from Hel parts to Hel specs using Hel approved equipment and process . Hel factory trained,  Dash 3 brake and clutch hoses made to your specs so any length and any fittings on the ends, all hose has a pvc cover available in 12 colours or clear , banjos in black, gold blue red green purple or stainless steel machine polished, I am under discussion regarding having banjos and bolts polished to SHOW standard.

• Like 3