Old XR41

Guest YoshiJohnny

Guest YoshiJohnny

So in about 1985 I was lucky enough to purchase an ex works XR41 chassis from Heron Suzuki... cost me the princely sum of a grand....yep £1000!! I got a frame, swingarm, fucked shock, half the shock linkage, a fairing which was for a road RG500 and the really ugly seat unit... I built it up using a motor I had, standard Suzuki GS1000 parts and bits and bobs lying around the shed...owned it for 10 years, rode it on the road and then had to get shut in 1999 because I was made redundant and had kids to feed... it disappeared

Then last year it turned up

10561644_10152352727763121_2464989495913714986_n.jpg

Edited by YoshiJohnny
Guest YoshiJohnny

It was found pretty much as it as when I sold it and its new owner is restoring it to how it would have run in F1.

There is some talk that it was sat on and used by Barry Sheene but there is no way of really proving it..

I am not bitter or upset and it will be really nice to see it turn a wheel again

• 3 weeks later...
Guest YoshiJohnny

helps with suspension when braking hard...creating a slight downward pull on the sliders rather than up...

sounded OK in my head

Guest YoshiJohnny

No it isn't Steve, it's a bloke called Andy Smith, he has a few old (quality) bangers and Nigel Everett (top Suzuki GP stylee mechanic bloke) has had a hand in supplying or fabricating missing pieces...I still don't like the exhaust though

helps with suspension when braking hard...creating a slight downward pull on the sliders rather than up...

Great old classic"truly a one off monster,  it a museum pice,and thank you  for letting us see it complete gorgeous.and a different way off setting front calliper up and a complete different style off that year. cheers yoshi 

sounded OK in my head

great 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...