Harris magnum 2 but modern

Ok, twin fillers tend to be quite standard and have a 9 bolt hole pattern. I just find that if you are going to invest in a beautiful filler plate, it makes a lot of sense to make sure that a dump valve female can be fitted later. I keep seeing these so plenty are being sold, it makes sense to me if they fit loads of trick stuff that is well established.

You never know when you might need one in the future. (y)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Looks lovely , keep an eye on the MV rear hub and its bearings some of them are known to be a bit shiet. Theres a bloke on MVaugusta.net that makes his own billet hubs to replace the fragile MV ones. I cant recall which ones were good or bad , some 4 cylinder bikes had bad ones and I think most 3 cyl bikes were weak with a recommended 10k miles service life for the hub itself,. the torque settings for clamping the hub can be critical, even a little over can crush the hub and goose the bearings (been there bought the T-shirt), so much that the handbook  recommends  chain adjustment is done by your local MV dealer !..

Edited by Macduff
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...