Gsxr 1100 w fork oil

Hey guys so I'm rebuilding my forks due to a leaky seal I did them about 12 months ago and used 5w oil now I've not much experience with forks and oils but after the rebuild the front end felt like it dived a lot more under breaking and really soft.

So my question is should I use 10w oil instead or should I stick to what the manual states. Any one any advice cheers 

Tricky one this. With fork oil the 5W means nothing as the actual thickness varies from brand to brand. Some manufacturers 5W is thicker than others 10W so it can be a nightmare. I believe suzuki specifies L01 oil or something which no-one sells. The only way to compare the different oils is to find out the measured viscosity in centistokes!! Its all on here http://www.peterverdone.com/archive/lowspeed.htm.

Fortunately I have looked at this a lot so if you want something that is very close in viscosity as the proper suzuki stuff use Motul 5W preferably the fully synthetic stuff as it is easy to get & very slightly thicker. I use it on all modern stuff & it works well. If you want thicker again then use Silkolene Pro RSF synthetic 5W.

Nick