When N/A is not enough

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2015 at 4:54 AM, slingy1157 said:

Nice, what a/r is that T3? Is it stock displacement or bigger?Going ito be cool as

Hot side A/R is 63...Its Stock Cossie fit.......Motor is 1216............

AirShifer.thumb.JPG.a81c032ba2c15d9cad483122d9cd4eac.JPG

Just fitted Air Shifter for 1/4 mile excursions .......9_9

Edited by Duckndive
  • Like 1

C'mon Clive that's a bit of a lash up compared to the rest of the build - clean straight lines is what you need! Guess what warms the NOS bottle!

Kawazuki DS (13).jpg

TBH ian i suppose it is a bit :$..  but then its only temp for the Bulldog using existing items from another bike which it needs to go back onto.......

THe Kwak not sell then ? and iis that one of Trevs shifters ..;). i,ve got one of his electric ones someware........but no instructions..

TBH ian i suppose it is a bit :$..  but then its only temp for the Bulldog using existing items from another bike which it needs to go back onto.......

THe Kwak not sell then ? and iis that one of Trevs shifters ..;). i,ve got one of his electric ones someware........but no instructions..

I know mate - just yanking yer chain! Thought you'd have grown out of the BB or are you in the 'Glamping' bit? LOL

Yeah its one of Trev's -'kin brilliant with NOS pressure behind it but his redneck electronics crapped out and after 3 attempts to repair it I gave up on him

and his products - nowt wrong with his soli's but the rest you can shove! Anyway it works just as well with 140psi air - love recycling!

The Kwak may be going to a new home shortly on HP - watch this space ...............as I need some in the cave!

Minor update as in fitted some side panels ..B|.

No leaks on air shifter holds 120 psi for 24hrs  ,,shame the front tyre do'nt hold 36psi for the same :( ....

And just an irritating wiring fault to rectify now..........

DSCN2358.thumb.JPG.dd67d56bc71386c3b73854e6ad0dc478.JPG

Edited by Duckndive
  • Like 1

you have this weekend eh clive.... and the usual 'oh shit' wednesday night eh.

see you up there.

we'll be the bandits in your mirrors..... what mirrors you say?

LoL 9_9

Yes It looks like being last min dot com again...as working most this weekend...

Wiring fault "niggle" is proving to be a royal pain....so am going to bypass the loom to fix the tacho niggle as a stop gap... and will just swop out the front wheel for the one in the outlaw......

Also Need to lean it out a tad as its way to rich ..but thats a 5 min job.....

On the plus side racegas on the way......B|

Well that proved easier to say than do...9_9

but after a minor dismemberment around the headstock we now have a working tacho....:D

Still got no idiot lights but a can be an idiot without them........:)...on the plus side tested shifter & swopped front tyre for an air tight version.. have also found another oil cooler to fit ...Bracket needs a minor mod and holes redrilling ..and just got to remember where me spare S&S main jets are and swop for a leaner one.....

Edited by Duckndive
  • Like 1

Got back from the smoke early so did some remembering and found the ditch pump jets.......:)

Pulled the Super E off and dropped out the main a no 30 Drill "big Hole" 9_9 ...As Ditch Pump jets are in old money the chart is handy ref

Given that last time i used this carb in anger was on a 1400cc Motor with a B Flow rajay more cc's and wind ....:D

So i think a No 36 Drill will be nearer the mark on the little 1216cc with T3  subject to a plug chop B|....

5a89838a83730_JETTING_SS.thumb.JPG.15755037e26b32245e775a608763c742.JPG

Edited by Duckndive

well arrived at Bulldog after the epic overland 15min drive...9_9

unpacked the van and set up camp bike on stand wrapped up for Friday morning so off for a few beers and music.....rise reasonably early and ventrure of to scruteenering.."ooh clutch seems a bit grabby on the ride round" never mind bike checked over by the nice man and equipment checked by the nice lady.....go see Sue and get signed on...buy some oil  to top up level as a little low with the 2nd cooler........Set off down staging lanes and at 3 from the get go..hold up due to accident on return road ..Opppps hope he,s OK....3/4 hr later and we enter the water box long burn out to clean the scabby rear dunlop....stage and a crap 60ft and off booost  it winds up and gets a move on punch button a few times thru the traps at a pi55 poor 11.4 but a lick of speed 145mph.......shaking its head a little all the way....so after getting ticket bimble back to camp...and strip out the clutch....

DSCN2311.thumb.JPG.b45eef9bfa14438e80306d696cbee372.JPG

comes out Dry as a Dry thing thats Dry and a couple with a few missing fibre's.....so dive into the say what now!? clutch plate stash and sort a set out to soak over nite.... pulled the plugs and fueling looks ok ...B|

After a breif siesta Beer o,clock and more music food...chat and talk 5hite etc...

Get up early and start to reload....then drop clutch spring spacer "see told you i can be an idiot without needing lights"....drain oil into tray and decant into spare fuel can....lie bike on side and remove sump to retreive spacer..

DSCN2313.thumb.JPG.9e65f80494097100ec4049babc2a996c.JPG

bolt it all back together and hey presto a 1/2 decent clutch...."dragging a tad" most likily due to wrong stack height with the lock up forgot vernier so dont have a base line to go from..but its ok for a run and may ease up after a bimble round to the return road....

Bimble round to the return road and clear it,s throat go and sign on and twatie the fire up road close's for the demo,s ..So watch demo,s and then hot foot it to the bike and get to front of queue "well 6 from front".....Little Paul has been revving me up so brain in gear nice long burnout....select 1st and pre-stage...wind it up to 7k and into stage...a better but not brill 1:9 60ft ......punch 2nd ,3rd get to the 1/8th and bang as punch 4th..."1st thought was #uc# intake rubber off"  then as i look down i can see the smoke from No4 then No1 .... so off the throttle and coast off.......park up on return road after being check by the fire marshall's and hitch lift back to be meet by daughter and little Paul with the slip to be told it ran 9.96...was going 125 at the 1/8 i knew it was going well.....but after the 1/8th it was dying......on the plus side if it ran thru with a few more mph  then it would have been around 9.6  ish....so back to the playpen and pull the head off to see if anything else is poorly...:S.

DSCN2315.thumb.JPG.93250f753f6447d50b6d2b3fae550968.JPG

DSCN2316.thumb.JPG.e087c5e6c93094d3806c13cb1c0f633e.JPG

can see the attraction of the oil bolier & turbos..Now....9_9

And a Big thanks to Little Paul and my daughter for pushing it back to camp......."its not the lightest of toys"

DSCN2317.JPG

Edited by Duckndive
On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2015 at 2:08 PM, Gixer1460 said:

So?........................which bit gave up its life in pursuit of sub 10 seconds......valve, head gasket or piston?

So Feild test report of busa pistons with 10 psi from T3 ....Pistons Fine - Head Gasket #uc#ed..:(

So Yeap Just head gasket....its given up the goast intake side on 1 & 4.....

GAsket.thumb.jpg.bea4e4fdb4cc0ec1cdb9ae373e536928.jpg

Edited by Duckndive

Gasket was a Cometic MLS....Studs are stock.....as are the head nuts...... i dont realy want to run a copper gasket on road bike "try tend to weep oil"

But i may get head piano wired and bang it back together  .....will pop into Fruitloops for a cuppa tomorrow as i,m out that way on thursdays ...

You can't clamp as tight with stock 'springy studs and nuts - Go and raid the stores Clive, you know APE makes sense!

And copper don't leak if its done right:)....... 2 bar + and no leaks here.

I pulled the MLS down to 35lb ft...which is 5lb over stock spec...

going to get the head licked to be 100% sure its flat..:tu."which will mean sums and  C/R adjustments :S"

May have to sell a H-Light to fund studs and new gasket....:o