Harris Magnum 2 GSX1100

Spongebob

This bike really does hate me. Before painting I knew the fuel tank leaked and the welder assured us it was fixed. I've left it with fuel in for the last couple of weeks and a bubble has appeared on the lower seam so it's obviously still leaking. Fuel tank now drained again and on the phone this morning to Frost's. POR15 purchased plus stripper to remove last of old liner. Another £90 not budgeted for or expected plus hassle. Hopefully that's the final issue

12 hours ago, Gammaboy said:

I think FZR/YZF750 discs are the same PCD/offset but 320mm - but they're the same PCD and diameter as Ducati 320mm discs (6 bolts, 80mm PCD)

Aren't they the ones prone to warping? Or maybe FZR/YZF owners are prone to neglecting their brakes so seized pistons one side result in warping. Maybe some Brembo versions will be good for what I need though - any idea what the offset is?

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, R1guy said:

@Spongebob- were you out on this today? I think I saw you on it- looks and sounds great

Yes, took it for an MOT in Swindon. Passed! I ran out of petrol by the Coop in Highworth on the way home but the garage was only 100m away. Some small issues to sort out but pretty pleased.

where were you?

6 minutes ago, R1guy said:

I was in black 3 series in front of you as we came into Highworth. I was desperately willing you to overtake me! Sounds awesome and looks great 

So you saw me when it was running on fumes. It was hunting badly as it picked up the last dregs of fuel and actually expired by what used to be the Fox Inn on the roundabout. £10 of unleaded and we were off again. Gave it beans between Highworth and Faringdon. Suspension needs some fine tuning as the bumps were sending me off the seat. By the time i got home my neck ached and my knees had locked just under my armpits. What a riding position!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...